Local and Long Distance Moving
Whether you’re moving across town or across the country, one thing is for certain: moving can be extremely stressful. Here at Ryans Moving and Storage, we want to help relieve as much of the stress as possible by providing you with excellent service at a great price. Our trained, courteous, and experienced staff is certified in careful handling of your possessions, and we provide an inventory checklist so that you have peace of mind knowing exactly what is going on the truck and coming off – and that it’s in the exact condition in which it started.
We have been moving customers since 1973, and we know that no two moves are alike. We work with you, our client, to identify your expectations and answer any questions or concerns you may have, and then design a plan and a budget to meet your needs. After this process (which starts with a free estimate), we will provide anywhere from two to six moving professionals to accommodate your needs with the efficiency and care you deserve. If desired, we provide full-service moving, which means we can disassemble, wrap, pack, and even store your possessions until you’ve reached your destination. At that time, we’ll come in on your schedule to unpack, unwrap and re-assemble those possessions, in whatever position and layout you desire. Our goal is efficiency and stress-free moving!
If you’re a DIY mover, we invite you to stop by our store to get all the essentials you need: boxes, packing paper, masking tape, and more.
Military Moving: Temporary and Permanent Change of Station (PCS)
Our Service Men and Women have enough to worry about when conducting a temporary or PCS move, and the packing and storage of their belongings should not be on that list. Ryans is honored to be a trusted facilitator for military moves by providing our troops with top-notch, reliable service. We have been doing it since 1973, and that’s why military personnel across the country have chosen Ryans to move and store their belongings.
We are proud to be the recipients of numerous national awards for our moving and storage services for the military, and we can provide a wide array of services to meet your needs. If you are deploying and need to store your belongings, we can deliver a Container of Wheels (COW) to your doorstep. Take your time loading it and let us know when you’re done. Then we will come pick it up and store it in our facility, monitored by Sooner Security, until you return.
If you are moving, either temporary or PCS, we would be honored to help you get to your new destination. Whether you desire a full service move with packing and unpacking, or if DIY is more your style, the professionals at Ryans can accommodate your needs. As an added service and our personal thank you to our troops, we offer a military discount to active duty ID card holders.
- Plan ahead. This allows you to know how many boxes you need, along with the sizes and types.
- It’s important to get plenty of boxes, packing paper, Sharpies, masking tape; and covers for your furniture.
- Try not to over pack or under pack boxes. (Bulging boxes are harder to stack and under-packed boxes tend to collapse)
- When packing heavy items such as books, put them into smaller boxes. This allows for easier handling and lets you put a weight restriction on the box.
- When packing kitchen appliances or dishes, it is important to use dish boxes because they are sturdier and provide more protection for breakables. It is also important to wrap all breakables with packing paper.
- Clearly label each box so you know its contents.
- Hang clothes in wardrobe boxes.